Cucumber Salad with Fresh Dill
Total Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
Celebrate summer with this simple and satisfying cucumber salad.
- 3 small cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 3 small white onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3-4 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, peeled and minced (optional)
- In a glass or stainless steel bowl, combine the sliced cucumbers and onions. Sprinkle with a large pinch of salt, mix well, and let stand in a cool place for 10-15 minutes.
- Add cider vinegar, water, chopped dill, and sugar and garlic (if using). Toss to combine and refrigerate for 2 hours to let flavors develop. Serve chilled.
64 calories, 0 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 127 mg. sodium, 14 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 2 g. protein