- About Us
- Our Store
Becoming a Member
Joining the Co-op is a great way to become more involved in our community, to meet people, and to support natural foods and economic democracy. To become a member, you must purchase a share of voting stock. Each share is $100 and is for a household. We accept cash, Visa, Mastercard, or Discover for membership payment.
If you cannot pay the full share amount at once, we have a "$10 down, and $10 a month" payment plan. A share can be paid up at any time. (Please note: member discounts and voting rights are not available until membership is paid in full.)
Member benefits include:
- 5% discount on your purchase, once per month
- In-store member-only specials, and member-only specials at other Twin Cities co-ops
- EFC News mailed to your home every other month
- Free Classified ads and discounted display ads in EFC News
- Free copies of The Mix available at the store
- Check cashing for up to $25 over the amount of a purchase once membership is paid in full.
- Member-only rates on classes at other Twin Cities co-ops
- Participating in the life of the Co-op
- Meeting others interested in natural foods and sustainability
- Building community in our neighborhood
To join, please come to the co-op and ask any cashier for a membership application. You may pay with cash, Visa, Mastercard, or Discover.