Own your co-op
Join Eastside Food Co-op!
Everyone is welcome to shop at Eastside Food Co-op!
Eastside Food Co-op wouldn’t be here without our owners - all 8,000 of them! Unlike traditional grocery stores, a co-op is owned and governed by shoppers who invest in the store. We elect fellow owners to hire management and steer the future of our co-op.
Owners enjoy monthly discounts, owners-only specials around the store, and a patronage refund on annual purchases during profitable years. Owners are an important part of our food community. Your investment supports local farmers and producers, and helps strengthen the Northeast Minneapolis economy.
You only join once. There are no annual fees or additional costs. Your ownership lasts as long as you shop at the co-op. Read more about the benefits of ownership below!
Co-op Owner Benefits:
- Special coupons for new owners
- 5% discount each month on the shopping trip of your choice
- Additional savings with owner deals
- Case discount on pre-ordered products
- $5 discount on Eastside classes and events
- A vote in the annual board of directors election, and the opportunity to run for a seat
- A percentage of store profit distributed to owners
- Use of personal checks as a form of payment, with up to $25 cash back
- Investment opportunities, in the form of preferred shares and owner loans
- Discounts at participating local businesses
How to Join:
- Fill out an application at the register or at our Customer Service desk
- Pick a payment plan.
- Pay for your ownership all at once ($100) OR once a month for ten months ($10 x 10). We will remind you when it's time to make a payment, until you are paid in full.
Have questions about ownership? Email us at email@example.com